1. Brief introduction of aluminum tube
Aluminum tube is a kind of non-ferrous metal tube, which refers to a metal tubular material that is hollow along its longitudinal length through extrusion processing of pure aluminum or aluminum alloy. Aluminum tubes are corrosion resistant and light in weight. Aluminum tubes can be strengthened by heat treatment, have moderate plasticity in annealed, just quenched and hot states, and good spot weldability. Aluminum tubes can have one or more closed through-holes, with uniform wall thickness and cross-section, delivered in straight lines or in rolls. Aluminum tubes are widely used in industries such as automobiles, ships, aerospace, aviation, electrical appliances, agriculture, electromechanical, and home furnishing.
2. Classification of aluminum tubes
According to different classification methods, aluminum tubes are mainly divided into the following categories:
(1) According to the shape: square tube, round tube, patterned tube, special-shaped tube.
(2) According to the extrusion method: seamless aluminum tube and ordinary extruded tube.
(3) According to precision: ordinary aluminum tubes and precision aluminum tubes, among which precision aluminum tubes generally need to be reprocessed after extrusion, such as cold drawing, fine drawing, and rolling.
(4) Divided by thickness: ordinary aluminum tube and thin-walled aluminum tube
3. Performance advantages of aluminum tubes
(1) Advantages of welding technology: The welding technology of thin-walled aluminum tubes suitable for industrial production is the key technology for replacing copper with aluminum in the connecting tube of air conditioners.
(2) Service life advantage: From the perspective of the inner wall of the aluminum tube, since the refrigerant does not contain moisture, the inner wall of the copper-aluminum connecting tube will not corrode.
(3) Energy-saving advantages: low heat transfer efficiency and good heat insulation effect.
(4) Excellent bending performance and easy processing.
(5) It is light in weight and does not rust, but its mechanical strength is poor and it cannot withstand high pressure.
4. Common materials and specifications of aluminum tubes
(1) Common material types of aluminum tubes: 1050/1060/3003/5052/2011/2024/2A12/3A21/6061,6063/6068/7075/LY12/7005
(2) Common specifications of aluminum tubes:
Thick-walled round tube: diameter 15mm---160mm, wall thickness 2.0mm-40mm
Thin-walled round tube: diameter 20mm---130mm, wall thickness 0.8mm---5.0mm
5. Surface treatment of aluminum tubes
(1) Chemical treatment: oxidation, electrophoretic coating, fluorocarbon spraying, powder coating, wood grain transfer printing.
(2) Mechanical treatment: mechanical wire drawing, mechanical polishing, sandblasting.
6. Application of aluminum tube
Aluminum tubes are easy to process, have good corrosion resistance and high toughness, so they are widely used in industries such as automobiles, ships, aerospace, aviation, electrical appliances, agriculture, electromechanical, and home furnishing.